Connect with us

Gilas Pilipinas

SBP prexy Sonny Angara tests positive for COVID-19 anew



Tiebreaker Times SBP prexy Sonny Angara tests positive for COVID-19 anew Gilas Pilipinas News  Sonny Angara Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas Coronavirus Pandemic

A month after recovering from the coronavirus (COVID-19), Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas president Sen. Sonny Angara received some bad news on Saturday.

Angara, 47, disclosed on his official Facebook page that he once again tested positive for COVID-19.

“It has been close to one month since I recovered from COVID-19. But while preparing to donate my blood plasma for a second time, my doctors, after the results of the initial antibody test taken before donating, had me take another swab test, which registered positive.”

Back in March, Angara and his wife Tootsy were hospitalized after contracting the disease. He was discharged from the hospital on April 6 after testing negative.

Since then, he has been donating blood plasma for research.

Tootsy tested negative which, according to Angara, means that he is most likely no longer infectious.

“My wife Tootsy has tested negative, which could be proof of what my doctors are positing that I am probably no longer infectious and that this latest positive result is probably picking up remnants of the virus,” he wondered.

The Senate is set to begin its sessions once again on Monday. But with what happened to Angara, he is once again back in isolation.

Rest assured, the youthful lawmaker vowed that he will continue to do his job at home.

“I will continue to stay at home for now but I will participate in Senate proceedings through teleconferencing which the Senate may allow starting Monday after an amendment to our rules. Rest assured that I will continue working from home like many of our countrymen and performing my duties as senator to the best of my ability,” he said.

“It was hard being isolated from my family before when I tested positive. I felt so much joy and happiness when I was cleared and was able to kiss and hug them again. Now I’m back in isolation. I am hopeful that soon our lives will return to normal.”

READ  Second half surge propels NU over DLSU