Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Tiebreaker Times

Basketball

Terrence Romeo moves on: ‘Wala akong sama ng loob sa TNT’

If Terrence Romeo were asked, he’d rather focus on what’s in front of him instead of talking about the past.

Romeo does not want to discuss what happened with TNT KaTropa that led to his early departure from the flagship MVP franchise. Instead, he’d rather put all his energy into working for the San Miguel Beermen.

SMB acquired Romeo in December of last year in exchange for David Semerad, Brian Heruela, and a future first-rounder. The 26-year-old guard attended his first practice with the Beermen on Thursday morning.

“Siguro yung totoo nun, kung sasabihin ko yung totoong dahilan, hahaba lang yung usapan eh. So magmu-move on na lang ako,” said Romeo. “Ngayon move on na ‘ko.

“Kumbaga, pagbubutihan ko na lang sa bago kong team.”

However, Romeo made it clear that he holds no grudges whatsoever towards the Texters and their players.

“Wala, wala, wala. Kay boss MVP [Manny V. Pangilinan], wala. As in si boss MVP napakabait. Wala akong sama ng loob sa TNT,” he said.

“Sa mga players? Ah, ano, wala. Okay naman lahat.”

This is the second time in his career that Romeo had a sour exit from a team. Because of this, the fifth pick by the GlobalPort (now NorthPort) Batang Pier in the 2013 Draft said that it has taught him many lessons.

“Siguro, ang pinaka-lesson lang na natutunan ko… yung pipiliin ko lang talaga yung totoo kong kaibigan. Kasi sa mundo namin, ng PBA players, hindi mo na kaagad masasabi kung sino yung totoong tao eh,” he said.

“Ayun, tapos yung nangyari sa mga last team ko, yun nga, siguro may mga pagkakamali ak. Pero kung ano man yun, tingin ko hindi naman ganun ka-grabe para maging ganun yung mangyari pero yun nga, move on na lang.

“Kumbaga, maging masaya na lang para sa lahat. Kumbaga, masaya ako para sa kanila and kung di sila masaya para sakin, magiging masaya ako para sa sarili ko,” he added.

#ReadMore  Meralco to enter PBA 3x3 Grand Finals as top seed

Romeo has joined a loaded team, since it features arguably the best starting five in the PBA right now. But for the three-time scoring champion, it doesn’t matter if he will be given less minutes compared to his previous teams.

“Ah hindi, walang problema sa’kin,” he said.

“Walang problema sa’kin yung minutes. Lahat naman kami pare-pareho ng goal eh. Gusto namin na manalo, so kahit hindi ako gamitin or what or saglit lang yung playing time ko, as long as na nananalo kami, walang problema sa’kin.”

Written By

Oftentimes on the sidelines. Forever a student of the game. Morayta-bred.

You May Also Like

Basketball

ANTIPOLO — Talks of a Grand Slam have bogged down anew after San Miguel bowed out of the PBA Season 50 Commissioner’s Cup quarterfinals...

Basketball

Rain or Shine is hoping to silence the skeptics by maximizing its win-once incentive against San Miguel as the PBA Season 50 Commissioner’s Cup...

Basketball

ANTIPOLO — San Miguel will head into the PBA Season 50 Commissioner’s Cup quarterfinals streaking after sending Phoenix skidding to its second straight loss...

Basketball

Phoenix and San Miguel will try to look sharp heading into the much-awaited PBA Season 50 Commissioner’s Cup quarterfinals that start next week, as...

Basketball

Just the idea of playing alongside Justin Brownlee while representing Gilas Pilipinas in this year’s Asian Games excites Bennie Boatwright. That’s actually part of...

Basketball

San Miguel completed the PBA Season 50 Commissioner’s Cup quarterfinal picture by formally sending Terrafirma out of contention through a 126-110 beatdown on Wednesday...

Basketball

It’s either sink or swim as San Miguel and Terrafirma figure in a crucial bout for their quarterfinal aspirations in the PBA Season 50...

Basketball

Bennie Boatwright is taking quite some time to get acclimatized to the humid Manila weather since coming back, and it was evident with his...

Advertisement