It was a rough night for reigning ONE Flyweight Kickboxing World Champion Ilias “Tweety” Ennahachi, but he survived nonetheless.
Ennahachi fended off a gallant stand from “The Kicking Machine” Superlek Kiatmoo9 to retain his World Title in the hotly-contested main event at ONE: Fists of Fury last Friday, February 26, at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.
“Tweety” started off well in the first round and looked to be the quicker man of the two, firing from different angles to keep Superlek off balance.
However, Superlek turned up the aggression from the second round onwards, forcing the World Champion to adapt and counter as the Thai moved forward.
In the end, though, it was Ennahachi’s accurate counters that weighed more heavily in the eyes of the judges, and he retained his strap after 15 hard-fought minutes.
“It wasn’t my best fight. He kicks a lot, but I move out from every kick [and counter] with beautiful combinations,” Ennahachi told Mitch Chilson after the bout.
His win set-up a possible clash with ONE Flyweight Muay Thai World Champion Rodtang “The Iron Man” Jitmuangnon who, earlier on the card, scored an entertaining split-decision win over “Samingpri” Tagir Khalilov.
“Of course, why not?” Ennahachi responded when asked about Rodtang’s challenge. “I’m the champion, he’s the champion, it’s gonna be champion versus champion.
“After that fight, when I finish Rodtang, I’ll go to MMA, and I want Demetrious Johnson. Two or three MMA fights, I’ll win all three, and then I want Demetrious Johnson.”
In the co-main event, Giorgio “The Doctor” Petrosyan put on another masterclass as he dominated Davit Kiria in a three-round kickboxing featherweight bout.
In a rematch nine years in the making, Petrosyan looked as good as ever, throwing shots with surgical precision and evading most of Kiria’s advances to prove that he’s still the man to beat in the division.
In one of the most anticipated debuts in the promotion’s history, 16-year-old Victoria “The Prodigy” Lee was as good as advertised as she walked away with a second-round rear-naked choke win over Sunisa “Thunderstorm” Srisen.
ONE: Fists of Fury results
February 26, 2021 — Singapore Indoor Stadium
- Flyweight Kickboxing World Championship: Ilias Ennahachi def. Superlek “The Kicking Machine” Kiatmoo9 via unanimous decision
- Featherweight Kickboxing: Giorgio “The Doctor” Petrosyan def. Davit Kiria via unanimous decision
- Flyweight Kickboxing: Rodtang “The Iron Man” Jitmuangnon def. Tagir Khalilov via split decision
- Bantamweight Kickboxing: Hiroki Akimoto def. “Muay Thai Boy” Zhang Chenglong via unanimous decision
- Strawweight Muay Thai: Jackie Buntan def. Wondergirl Fairtex via unanimous decision
- Atomweight Mixed Martial Arts: Victoria Lee def. Sunisa “Thunderstorm” Srisen via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:03 of round two
Read More From ONE Championship: