Mav’s Phenomenal Basketball broke its silence Saturday evening after allegations of breaking quarantine protocols were raised a day prior.
In a post made by the embattled group led by Mavrick Bautista, it said that they are leaving the predicament they are in right now to faith.
The devil saw me with my head down and thought he’d won, until I said “Amen”. This is Your fight my Lord. Let Your Will be done. 🙏🏻☝🏻
Early last week, Games and Amusements Board chairman Baham Mitra raised to the Department of Interior and Local Government concerns regarding Mav’s Dayo Series wherein the group travel to “private courts” to battle local teams. Bets have been made in the games “in order to make the competitions intense”, according to Bautista.
Currently, the Joint Administrative Order signed by GAB (representing professional sports), Philippine Sports Commission (amateurs), and Department of Health have “suspended Recreational and Non-Professional Contact Sports and Activities until an effective vaccine and/or appropriate standard of care for COVID-19 cases is developed.”
A total of 28 Dayo Series videos have been produced by the touring team ranging from 3×3 to 5v5 games from October to February.
Last Friday, Guiguinto mayor Ambrosio Cruz, Jr. was alarmed that the group had played in his town and Malolos.
“Nagulat ako paano nangyari ‘to kasi very strict ang aming order, walang contact sports. At the end of the day ang na-e-endanger dito ay ‘yung kalusugan ng mga kababayan ko,” he told GMA News TV.
Cruz is looking to fine Mavs Phenomenal Basketball and the other players that played on the “private court”.
Tiebreaker Times tried to reach Mav’s Phenomenal Basketball but their line has been down.