Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Tiebreaker Times

Basketball

Chua, SMC express concern over Racela’s statement

The comments made by TNT Katropa head coach Nash Racela regarding the sense of entitlement felt by some members of the San Miguel Beermen did not fall on deaf ears.

During halftime of Game Five of the semifinals series pitting TNT and San Miguel, San Miguel Corporation sports director Alfrancis Chua held an impromptu press conference to respond to the remarks made by Racela last Tuesday.

“We at San Miguel express our concern about the statements of Racela about special treatment,” Chua said.

“When we lost two games in a row, you didn’t hear from us. Special treatment for what? Because we won?”

The former head coach then cited that no one from their group airs their grievances to the public when they lose, saying that they keep things private within their staff.

“Sa amin lang, we’ve been here for the longest time. Pag natalo kami, we don’t say anything, pati coach namin, tahimik lang. Nung nanalo kami, he says humingi kami ng special treatment, ganito. Yung referee daw, ganito ganyan. Our coach didn’t say anything,” Chua pointed out.

“Sana mag-coach na lang siya. Special, kung tingnan mo yung team ko, wala namang itlog eh,” he quipped.

“Yun lang. Sana they mind their own team and we’re going to mind our own team.”

Chua then added that the Katropa’s defense on three-time MVP June Mar Fajardo had been too much for even the big man to handle. The 27-year-old had even admitted to them that some of TNT’s players apologized to him after the games.

#ReadMore  UAAP 85 Collegiate Volleyball to implement video challenge starting Round 2

“Basta kami, pag may concern, we compare what happened to June Mar with the way they’re guarding him, they’re fouling him. Tahimik lang yan si June Mar,” Chua shared.

“Nagsumbong lang na yun before na sinasandalan yung tuhod niya, yung kay [Jireh] Ibanes. Nag-sorry pa sila sa kanya after the game.

“The only thing the coaching staff did was to present the disc. Si June Mar, napakabait na tao niyan. Di nga nagsasalita yan. Para magreklamo yung tao ng ganun, something is wrong,” he added.

The PBA Governor then closed by saying that, just like everyone else, the only thing they are hoping for is everything to be called fair and square.

“Kami lang sa San Miguel group, we’re asking for a fair [officiating]. You never heard anything na may nag-complain sa amin. Natawag, natawag na yan. Move on. Yun na lang sa amin.”

Written By

You May Also Like

Basketball

ANTIPOLO — Talks of a Grand Slam have bogged down anew after San Miguel bowed out of the PBA Season 50 Commissioner’s Cup quarterfinals...

Basketball

Rain or Shine is hoping to silence the skeptics by maximizing its win-once incentive against San Miguel as the PBA Season 50 Commissioner’s Cup...

Basketball

ANTIPOLO — San Miguel will head into the PBA Season 50 Commissioner’s Cup quarterfinals streaking after sending Phoenix skidding to its second straight loss...

Basketball

Phoenix and San Miguel will try to look sharp heading into the much-awaited PBA Season 50 Commissioner’s Cup quarterfinals that start next week, as...

Basketball

Just the idea of playing alongside Justin Brownlee while representing Gilas Pilipinas in this year’s Asian Games excites Bennie Boatwright. That’s actually part of...

Basketball

San Miguel completed the PBA Season 50 Commissioner’s Cup quarterfinal picture by formally sending Terrafirma out of contention through a 126-110 beatdown on Wednesday...

Basketball

It’s either sink or swim as San Miguel and Terrafirma figure in a crucial bout for their quarterfinal aspirations in the PBA Season 50...

Basketball

Bennie Boatwright is taking quite some time to get acclimatized to the humid Manila weather since coming back, and it was evident with his...

Advertisement