Australia’s National Basketball League has postponed all of Adelaide’s games this week due to health and safety protocols.
The league announced that the 36ers’ game against the Perth Wildcats, which was originally scheduled tonight, and their game against South-East Melbourne Phoenix on Sunday have been moved to a later date after an Adelaide player tested positive for COVID-19.
“The NBL will continue to follow the advice of governments and health authorities and further testing will be carried out on any individuals impacted or those deemed close contacts,” an NBL spokesperson said.
“The health and safety of the players, coaches, clubs, staff, and fans is the league’s number one priority when considering these matters.”
Adelaide is currently eighth in the 10 team league with a 2-3 standing.
Kai Sotto has only played one game so far for the 36ers.
Adelaide CEO Nic Barbato said that though the team is disappointed, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
“It’s extremely disappointing to have the games postponed, but we must follow the advice and guidelines of the state government meaning those deemed close-contacts will have to isolate,” Barbato said.
“The health of our players, coaches, staff, corporate partners, members, and fans, is our number one priority. The focus now is to support our players and coaches during the isolation period and ensure their well-being.”