LA Tenorio is known for dishing out assists on the court. But with the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic stopping play, the 14-year veteran is giving out much-needed help off of it.
The Tenyente, together with good friend Drew Arellano, has raised PHP 86,200 in a fund-raising activity for numerous causes.
“Ang dami talagang nangangailangan ng tulong sa mga panahong ito. May kakayahan naman tayong tumulong so ginagawa natin yung makakaya natin,” Tenorio told the PBA’s official website.
“Maliit na halaga lang ‘yung nakuha sa auction. ‘Yung kakulangan, personal ko na lang. Masaya tayo basta nakakatulong.”
Tenorio auctioned off his eight of his game-worn sneakers.
The breakdown is as follows:
1. Jordan Why Not Zer0.1 for PHP 8,200 (Hope Agudo)
2. LeBron 15 Low for PHP 10,100 (Hope Agudo)
3. Jordan 5 Grapes for PHP 7,100 (Yeshua Lagac)
4. Kobe AD Multicolor for PHP 8,300 (Romel Tamayo)
5. Jordan 11 low Snakeskin for PHP 7,500 (Romina Alviz)
6. LeBron AGIMAT for PHP 14,000 (Paulo Guiang)
7. Jordan 4 Flyknit Volt for PHP 14,000 (James Gabriel)
8. Jordan 32 Low for PHP 8,000 (Efren Macatol Jr.)
Bernie Arellano also chipped in an additional PHP 9,000.
Tenorio plans to distribute food packs to the staff of The Upper Deck Gym in Pasig and sacks of rice to Pasig’s local government.
In addition, he is also giving back to the league’s day-to-day personnel.
“If a list down all of his career highlights and awards as a basketball player, I would definitely run out of caption space and despite all of his accomplishments, he is the most humble person I know,” Arellano shared about Tenorio.