Jonathan “The General” Haggerty is back on the winning track after a spirited display in his return to the ONE Championship Circle in Singapore.
The former ONE Flyweight Muay Thai World Champion scored two knockdowns in the first two rounds en route to a convincing unanimous decision win over Taiki “Silent Sniper” Naito in the main event of the previously recorded ONE: Big Bang II, which aired last Friday, December 11.
With less than a minute remaining in the first round, the Englishman timed Naito’s kick and responded with an overhand right to score the first knockdown of the evening.
Picking up steam after getting the 10-8 in the first round, Haggerty followed up in the second, getting another knockdown as his right hook landed flush on Naito’s jaws.
Naito showed some signs of life in the final canto of the three-round bout, but Haggerty did more than enough in the first two rounds to win a comfortable decision and put himself right back in the sights of reigning ONE Flyweight Muay Thai World Champion Rodtang “The Iron Man” Jitmuangnon.
Speaking of big comebacks, Nieky “The Natural” Holzken also got back to winning ways with a first-round knockout of Elliot “The Dragon” Compton.
Holzken dug deep into Compton’s liver with a body shot to score the walk-off KO win just 96 seconds into the co-main event of the evening.
With the win, Holzken kept a stronghold on his top contender status and will no doubt be eying old tormentor and current ONE Lightweight Kickboxing World Champion Regian “The Immortal” Eersel.
- Flyweight Muay Thai: Jonathan “The General” Haggerty def. Taiki “Silent Sniper” Naito via unanimous decision
- Lightweight Kickboxing: Nieky “The Natural” Holzken def. Elliot “The Dragon” Compton via knockout at 1:36 of round one
- Featherweight MMA: Kim “The Fighting God” Jae Woong def. Tetsuya “MMA Fantasista” Yamada via TKO at 4:39 of round two
- Heavyweight Kickboxing: Rade Opacic defeats Errol “The Bonecrusher” Zimmerman def. TKO at 1:35 of round two
- Welterweight MMA: Tyler McGuire def. Agilan “Alligator” Thani via unanimous decision
- Bantamweight MMA: Chen “The Ghost” Rui def. Ali Motamed via TKO at 1:56 of round one
Catch all the ONE Championship action for free by downloading the ONE Super App.
Read More From ONE Championship: