There is a new player in the loaded ONE Championship strawweight kickboxing division, and his name is Aslanbek Zikreev.
Zikreev had a solid ONE debut, scoring a close split-decision win over #2-ranked strawweight kickboxer “Golden Boy” Wang Junguang in the main event of the previously-recorded ONE: Inside The Matrix IV, which aired on Friday, November 20.
It was Zikreev’s nifty footwork and counters that brought him the victory inside the Singapore Indoor Stadium, though it did not come easily against the Chinese athlete.
The Russian gained footing from the start of the second round; his attacks came from everywhere while he countered Wang masterfully.
It was the same story in the final round, and after 15 minutes of solid kickboxing action, it was the Russian who ended up getting the big win.
The co-main event of the evening was just as close.
In a barnburner, Joseph “The Hurricane” Lasiri beat #2-ranked strawweight Muay Thai contender Rocky Ogden.
Both men ate and dished out shots like true champions, but in the end, it was the Italian who convinced two of the three judges to give him the nod, possibly breaking through the strawweight Muay Thai top five rankings at the same time.
- Catchweight (58.3KG) Kickboxing: Aslanbek Zikreev def. Wang “Golden Boy” Junguang via split decision
- Catchweight (59KG) Muay Thai: Joseph “The Hurricane” Lasiri def. Rocky Ogden via split decision
- Bantamweight Mixed Martial Arts: Kwon “Pretty Boy” Won Il def. Bruno “Puccibull” Pucci via TKO at 2:00 of round one
- Featherweight Mixed Martial Arts: Ryogo “Kaitai” Takahashi def. Yoon “The Big Heart” Chang Min via knockout at 2:52 of round two
- Catchweight (61.3KG) Mixed Martial Arts: Maira Mazar def. Choi Jeong Yun via TKO at 4:26 of round three
Catch all the ONE Championship action by downloading the ONE Super App.
Read More From ONE Championship:
Nong-O Vs. Rodlek, Kryklia Vs. Aygun To Headline December Live Shows
Aslanbek Zikreev Makes Statement With Debut Win Over Wang Junguang
Joseph Lasiri Nabs Razor-Thin Split Decision Over Rocky Ogden