Jamal “Kherow” Yusupov continued his tour-de-force in ONE Super Series with another win over a big name.
The #2-ranked Muay Thai featherweight scored a unanimous decision win over #4-ranked Samy “AK47” Sana in the main event of ONE: Collision Course II, a previously recorded show that aired last Friday, from the Singapore Indoor Stadium.
A big second-round knockdown clinched the match for “Kherow” as he showcased the same power that stopped “The Boxing Computer” Yodsanklai IWE Fairtex in his debut.
Yusupov tried to swoop in for the finish but the bell rang, giving Sana time to recover – and recover he did.
Sana pushed hard in the third round, walking through Yusupov’s left hands and exchanging with the Dagestani on the inside. Yusupov had all the answers, though, as he unloaded one last left hand to seal the unanimous decision win.
In the co-main event, former ONE Flyweight World Champion Kairat “The Kazakh” Akhmetov showed no signs of ring rust as he demolished “Ottogi” Dae Hwan Kim over the course of their three-round bout.
Known as one of the best grapplers in the division, “The Kazakh” actually showcased his ever-improving striking, dominating his South Korean foe on the feet with his southpaw left punches.
However, a head kick in the second round opened a cut on Kim’s nose and ultimately dashed his hopes as Akhmetov continued to up the pressure until the third round.
The one-sided affair improved Akhmetov’s record to 23-2 and boosted his chances for another shot at the ONE Flyweight World Title, which will be disputed by reigning World Champ Adriano “Mikinho” Moraes and Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson in February.
ONE: COLLISION COURSE II results
December 25, 2020 – Singapore Indoor Stadium
- Featherweight Muay Thai: Jamal “Kherow” Yusupov def. Samy “AK47” Sana via unanimous decision
- Catchweight (62.2KG) Mixed Martial Arts: Kairat “The Kazakh” Akhmetov def. “Ottogi” Dae Hwan Kim via unanimous decision
- Flyweight Muay Thai: Momotaro “Momotaro” def. Walter Goncalves via TKO at 0:30 of round two
- Lightweight Mixed Martial Arts: “Crazy Dog” Dae Sung Park defeats Amir Khan via split decision
- Welterweight Mixed Martial Arts: Raimond Magomedaliev defeats Edson “Panico” Marques via knockout at 1:52 of round one
- Catchweight (60.0KG) Mixed Martial Arts: Senzo Ikeda def. Liang “The Little Monster” Hui via unanimous decision
Read More From ONE Championship: