Iglesia Ni Cristo has lent the entire Ciudad De Victoria estate in Bulacan to the government and serve as a temporary facility for novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases.
Cabinet secretary Karlo Nograles made the announcement in the Inter-Agency Task Force virtual presser Saturday, a day after it was announced that the Philippine Arena will be turned into a mega-quarantine facility.
“Yesterday we learned more positive news that the members of the Iglesia have agreed to let the government use the whole Ciudad De Victoria estate,” he said.
This means the cavernous 50,000-seater venue is not the only facility available to the government, but also the Philippine Sports Stadium, as well as the Garden Suites.
The Arena has hosted various events such as PBA games and the opening ceremonies of the 30th Southeast Asian Games last year, while the PSS had served as the Azkals’ home turf before.
“Not just the Philippine Arena itself, but the entire estate to isolate and quarantine COVID-19 cases. So kasama po ang Philippine Arena, ang Philippine Sports Stadium, at ang Garden Suites.”
Nograles added that the Ciudad de Victoria will not only be for patients but for the frontliners also.
“Once everything is ready, the whole complex will have an estimated 1,065 rooms for patients, while frontliners will be able to share 476 suits — for two to four health workers each,” he said.
“Maraming maraming salamat po, ka Eduardo Manalo.”