Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Tiebreaker Times
(C) PBA Images

Basketball

Jio Jalalon, Kevin Ferrer excited for ‘Gilas Cadets’ reunion at TNT

An off-season filled with uncertainty ended on a high note for Jio Jalalon and Kevin Ferrer.

Both were left as unrestricted free agents after Titan Ultra and Terrafirma opted not to pick up their rights during the off-season.

Fortunately, TNT swooped in just in time for PBA Season 50.

For Ferrer and Jalalon, it’s a reunion of sorts as they join forces with Roger Pogoy and Almond Vosotros, all of whom were part of the 2016 Gilas Cadets pool.

Gilas-practice-August-2-Jio-Jalalon-0348 Jio Jalalon, Kevin Ferrer excited for 'Gilas Cadets' reunion at TNT Basketball News PBA  - philippine sports news

“Ako sobrang excited ako. Hindi lang si Kevin naging teammate ko noon, pati si Roger at Almond nung Gilas time namin,” said Jalalon, who will play for his third PBA franchise, during TNT and PLDT’s ‘Champions Together’ event on Monday. “Very excited.”

“Ako din, sobrang excited na maglaro kami dito sa TNT. Excited din kaming makalaro yung buong team,” added Ferrer, who is playing for his fourth team.

“Iba yung feeling, parang college ulit kami.”

The duo will also be reunited with Chot Reyes, their Gilas head coach from 2016 to 2018.

Gilas-practice-Kevin-Ferrer-1808 Jio Jalalon, Kevin Ferrer excited for 'Gilas Cadets' reunion at TNT Basketball News PBA  - philippine sports news

“Sobrang nakakatuwa kasi kung babalikan mo yung time namin, sila yung mentor namin nun,” Jalalon shared.

Ferrer chimed in with a grin, “Sobrang saya din na baka dito matuloy yung Cadets namin.”

They will join a TNT squad that won two of the three conferences last season.

Both Jalalon and Ferrer hope to carve out new history with the Tropang 5G.

“For me, hindi namin tinitignan kung ano yung na-achieve nila last year. Mas gusto namin higitan pa yun at gagawin namin yung best namin makatulong,” said Ferrer.

#ReadMore  PBA: Dionisio proves steady in clutch as Magnolia fends off SMB, punches QF ticket

Jalalon, now 33, and Ferrer, 32, hope this will be the final stop of their careers.

“Hopefully!” said Jalalon.

Written By

You May Also Like

Basketball

Riley Grigsby won’t be fully let go by Barangay Ginebra. The American forward will remain as the Kings’ standby import, with the perennial contenders...

Basketball

Jordon Varnado impressed in his PBA debut after helping Meralco snap its depressing four-game losing slide in the Season 50 Governors’ Cup at the...

Basketball

Jimmy Alapag is banking on familiarity as he’s bringing in Deonte Burton to serve as NLEX’s new import with DeQuan Jones out due to...

Basketball

Converge outlasted an all-Filipino NLEX side, 112-110, to notch back-to-back wins for the first time in quite some time in the PBA Season 50...

Basketball

Rivals will take center stage before the PBA heads into a lengthy break as Ginebra and Meralco face off again in what should be...

Basketball

As the 12:00 PM deadline for lineup changes passed on Thursday, NLEX did not submit a replacement for DeQuan Jones. The Road Warriors have...

Basketball

Meralco has activated its original import ahead of its rivalry game against Ginebra in the 2026 PBA Governors’ Cup. The Bolts have replaced Antonio...

Basketball

In the wake of Bryan Sajonia’s injury, Titan Ultra has nixed its transaction with TNT involving Joshua Munzon. With Sajonia out for the remainder...

Advertisement