The first professional mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion in the Philippines returns for it’s final show of the year. The show will take place at the Mall of Asia Arena on Thursday, October 23, 2014. This will not only be the year-capper for the organization but also serves as appetizer for what the URCC has in-store for fight fans next year.
Universal Reality Combat Championship 25: Takeover
Mall of Asia Arena, Pasay City
October 23, 2014
DOUBLE MAIN EVENT
URCC Featherweight Championship
Red Romero (Philippines, DEFTAC)
Jian Kai Chee (Malaysia, T-Rex/Cross Muay Thai)
URCC Bantamweight Championship
Onyok Transmonte (Philippines, Submission Sports)
Andrew Benibe (Phillipines, Benibe MMA)
Light heavyweight Match:
Caloy Baduria (Philippines, Elorde MMA) vs. Mark Palomar (Philippines, Lomibao Hyper MMA)
Light heavyweight Match:
Chris Hofmann (Philippines, DEFTAC) vs. Nickson Kola (Papua New Guinea, GOAT Locker Gym)
Angelito Manguray (Philippines, Alterado Xtreme Combat) vs. Miguel Mosquera (Philippines, Submission Sports)
Alvin Ramirez (Philippines, Yaw Yan Buhawi) vs. Jessie Paul del Valle (Beefit Pythons Gym)
Hideo Morikawa (Japan, Team Zendokai) vs. Ryan Jakiri (Philippines, Submission Sports)
Drex Zamboanga (Philippines, Tough Guy International) vs. Joseph Mercado (Philippines, Submission Sports)
Arnel Lomibao (Lomibao Hyper MMA) vs. Alvin Solinap (Philippines, DEFTAC)
Carlo Laurel (Philippines, Fight Works MMA) vs. Myler Empil (Philippines, Fight Corps)
Here are 5 things fight fans should watch-out for during Takeover
1. A Philippine Volcano is making his pro-MMA debut. The Papua New Guinean Nickson Kola is undefeated in the amateur MMA circuit. However, Kola will face a tough test against DEFTAC’s Chris Hofmann, who is also unbeaten in the amateur circuit.
2. Hideo Morikawa returns to the URCC ring. The “Death from Japan’s” initial opponent was set to be Fist Gym’s Mike Bunag. Mike Bunag had to back-out of the fight because of injury. URCC resident matchmaker Alfred Gealogo replaced Bunag with Ryan Jakiri, a member of Submission Sports Philippines. The rivalry between Submission Sports and DEFTAC, an affiliate of Team Zendokai, will intensify with this match-up.
3. Elorde MMA standout Caloy Baduria faces-off against Mark Palomar in Light heavyweight action. Coming from the Elorde camp, it is quite obvious that the team’s bread and butter is boxing. Caloy Baduria is the local MMA scene’s knockout king. If you don’t believe us, watch Baduria’s knock-out of Panchito “Sugar Ray” Estrada from URCC 22: Dekada
Caloy Baduria truly lives-up to his moniker BAD BOY!
4. Former URCC Lightweight Champion Angelito Manguray will be fighting his last fight. Manguray is a living legend in Philippine MMA. The Fighting Doctor started his MMA career at the young age of 43. He would then put on a string of 4 wins, all by knockout. Now at the tail-end of his career, a legend will make his way to the ring one last time this Thursday. Here’s an 18-second teaser of the beautiful violence Manguray does in the ring.
5. Crowd favourite Alvin Ramirez (5-6-0) faces off against Jessie del Valle in what’s sure to be a barnburner of a match. Here is Alvin’s last fight:
Even though he lost, Ramirez brought on a show in his match against Fei Guo Lin last April 27, 2013.
Did we just say 5 things? That was just the undercard! URCC 25 features a double main event. URCC Bantamweight Champion Onyok Transmonte defends his belt against Andrew Benibe (5-7-0) in a rematch from last year’s URCC 24: Uprising. Transmonte defeated Benibe via a close decision.
Here’s the full video from their first encounter: (credits to leo’s tattoo)
And for the 2nd championship match of the night URCC Featherweight Champion Red Romero defends his featherweight crown against Malaysian Jian Kai Chee!
Grab your tickets now by click this link: https://www.smtickets.com/event/details?event_id=2727.
Support Philippine MMA! #WARURCC!
La Salle rolls to 4th straight win; UP picks up PBL maiden win
Countdown begins for 10th ASEAN Para Games
SEA Games prep on track, says PSC’s Butch Ramirez
Ex-Chong Son stars Caelan Tiongon, Mikh McKinney relish reunion
PBA Season 43 Leo Awards, Season 44 opening to be held in Philippine Arena
Kai Sotto tops FIBA’s list of Asian U18 prospects
Ramil De Jesus looks to coach PSL Grand Prix, UAAP simultaneously
SOURCES: Norman Miguel set to take coaching reins of NU Lady Bulldogs
- Basketball3 days ago
Gilas snub non-issue for Matthew Wright: ‘I wish them all the best’
- News3 days ago
Lindsay Stalzer moves to F2 Logistics for 6th PSL stint
- Basketball3 days ago
LSGH backer steps aside after three fruitful years
- 3x3 Basketball5 days ago
Dylan Ababou rises, tows Pasig Kings to Chooks 3×3 preseason title