Connect with us

Boxing

MP Promotions willing to take in ALA boxers

Published

on

Tiebreaker Times MP Promotions willing to take in ALA boxers Boxing News  Sean Gibbons MP Promotions Milan Melindo Jonas Sultan Jason Pagara Donnie Nietes Coronavirus Pandemic Albert Pagara ALA Promotions

Last month, MP Promotions president Sean Gibbons stressed that Eumir Marcial will be the last pugilist to be added to its stable.

“We are not looking to add anyone. We want to focus on Eumir and what we have right now,” he said during the PSA Forum.

But with a crisis hitting Cebu-based promotion ALA, MP Promotions and Gibbons are not turning a blind eye to help out the fighters affected.

“I am going to see what we can do to help out a few of those boxers,” Gibbons told SPIN.ph.

Yesterday, ALA made the sad decision to fold, caving in to both the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and the shut down of its partner ABS-CBN.

In its statement, ALA stated that, “All of our fighters will be released so they can look for greener pastures for their respective careers.”

Fighters who were left stranded include the likes of former WBO Super Flyweight Champion Donnie Nietes (42-1-5, 23KOs), Milan Melindo (37-5, 13KOs), Jonas Sultan (16-5, 10KOs), and the Pagara brothers, Jason (41-3-1, 26KOs) and Albert (32-1, 23KOs).

Nietes is the catch here. However, he has yet to have a bout since December 31, 2018 — a win that bagged him the WBO Super Flyweight crown.

The 38-year-old vacated the belt after two months, much to the chagrin of Gibbons.

READ  APSF moves 10th ASEAN Para Games to October

Trending