Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Tiebreaker Times

Basketball

Glutagence hands tender offers to Cainglet, Splash Sis, nine others


Glutagence has secured the rights to 13 of its players after they signed their tender offers for the upcoming 2021 Chooks-to-Go Women’s National Basketball League season. 

Fille Claudine Cainglet, the first overall pick in the draft, led the signees who formally committed to play for the team in their inaugural season in the league. The simple rites took place last Thursday at District 8 restaurant in San Juan.

Also receiving tender offers were no.3 pick Khate Castillo, no. 11 April Lualhati, no. 13 Nic Cancio, no. 19 Carol Sangalang, no. 22 Raiza Palmera-Dy, no. 24 Nicky Garcia, no. 31 Samantha Tan, no. 33 Ays Hufanda, and no. 39 Camille Ramos.

No. 2 pick Camille Claro was unable to join the signing ceremony, but has verbally committed to play for Glutagence.

Protected players Jaypee Gula, Micah Figuracion, and Nicole Delos Reyes also made their commitment official.

NBL/WNBL executive vice president Rhose Montreal and commissioner Edward Aquino witnessed the signing. Team owner Jericho Ajero and Charmaine Hong were also present in the affair also serving as a team-building for the Glow Boosters.

“There are people who will put you down or sasabihing negative stuff about you. But with hard work and making better decisions, mao-overcome natin ito lahat,” said Glutagence coach Justin Tan in his message to the team.

“On behalf of the whole management of Glutagence, gusto kong magpasalamat kay Ma’am Rhose and Comm. Edward for inspiring me to become a better coach and a better individual sa konting oras na pagsasama namin.”

The players also promised to make the most out of the opportunity for the team and the league as the WNBL turns a new leaf after it gained professional status from the Games and Amusements Board last year.

#ReadMore  Raiza Palmera-Dy proud of Angel Anies for stepping up in her absence

“We would like to thank the league officials, management, and coaching staff for giving us a chance for showing our talent. May stage na tayo to show our talents. This is another opportunity. Tulungan din natin ang management ng WNBL na gawin ang part natin para sa liga na ito,” said Palmera-Dy, a former national team player.

“Thank you so much for the opportunity that you’ve given us. For the first time, women’s professional basketball is going to happen finally. This is history in the making and each and everyone of us are excited and blessed. It’s a privilege to be a part of it,” said Cancio.

Written By


You May Also Like

Basketball

Akari-Rizal capped off the first round with a bang, handing Biñan-Tatak Gel its first loss of the season, 86-80, in the 2026 Women’s Maharlika...

Basketball

Batangas-New Zealand Bluefire stamped its class on Pasig, 93-65, to cap off the first round of the 2026 Women’s Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League regular...

Basketball

Biñan-Tatak Gel will look to complete a perfect first-half sweep of the 2026 Women’s Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League regular season on its home floor...

Basketball

Playing against Tantoy Ferrer added an extra layer of familiarity and challenge, but Akari-Rizal leaned on preparation and defensive discipline as Raiza Palmera-Dy and...

Basketball

Coming off its first loss at the hands of defending champion Batangas-New Zealand Bluefire, Akari-Rizal vented its frustrations on RK Hoops-Quezon City 10ACT, scoring...

Basketball

Defending champion Batangas–New Zealand Bluefire imposed its will early and never looked back, handing Rizal-Akari its first loss, 72–56, in the 2026 Women’s Maharlika...

Basketball

Defending champion Batangas-New Zealand Bluefire and Akari are set for a high-stakes collision in the 2026 Women’s Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League, a matchup that...

Basketball

Defending champion Batangas-New Zealand Bluefire came out with a point to prove, delivering a dominant bounce-back performance and crushing RK Hoops-Quezon City 10ACT, 108-61,...

Advertisement